An Introduction to Natural Law
More “Aquinas Alive” – a simple, easy-listening introduction to Thomistic Philosophy
by John Vennari
Use for your high school students, or listen yourself!
Thirteen classes on 8 audio CDs.
Plus free bonus disk: "Natural Law and the Marriage Synods" - 9 disks in all
(in attractive vinyl case). - only $34.95
- order below - also see important quote from Pope St. Pius X at bottom of this page, as well as "Aquinas Alive" testimonials
“This is a course I gave at home to my own high-school age youngsters as an uncomplicated introduction to Thomistic philosophy. It is meant to be an ‘easy listening’ intro that is not demanding; simply an introduction to the concepts, the structure, the principles of Thomistic philosophy. And it is fun, as are all ventures of great truth. Originally designed for home-school high-schoolers, it soon became enthusiastically sought by adults. Aquinas Alive is now one of the most popular CD sets I’ve released.” – John Vennari
Last year we covered Metaphysics and the Philosophy of Human Nature. This year we covered Ethics. Released here is a central part of that course:
An Introduction to Natural Law
Answers questions such as:
• What is Natural Law?
• Why is Natural Law under attack?
• What have great thinkers and saints throughout history said about Natural Law?
• Why is knowledge of natural law crucial?
• What are the three basic inclinations in man that demonstrate Natural Law?
• How does knowledge of Natural Law save us from the error of Fideism?
• How does knowledge of Natural Law strengthen our conviction of moral truth?
• Does Natural Law support the Ten Commandments?
• How Does knowledge Natural Law Make You Stronger in the Catholic Faith?
• How is Euthanasia contrary to Natural Law?
• How is Divorce contrary to Natural Law?
• How are contraception and abortion contrary to Natural Law?
• Why do we need law for happiness?
• What do the anti-life forces know about Natural Law?
• How is the so-called “new ethic” that accepts the direct killing of the innocent?
• Do these anti-life forces have a long history?
• What is the central moral principle defied by both contraception and abortion?
• How does Natural Law reinforce the great truth that “grace builds in nature”?
• Why must we always choose Natural Law over today’s “morality by popular vote” and corrupt Supreme Court decisions.
Answers these questions and many more!
KNOWLEDGE OF NATURAL LAW IS CRUCIAL TO ANYONE
INVOLVED IN PRO-LIFE WORK!
Simple Introducction to Natural Law - Aquinas Alive$34.95
Thirteen Classes on 8 Audio CDs
1) Natural Law Predates Christianity
2) Witnesses to Natural Law
3) Three Principal Inclinations
4) Inclinations, Pleasure, Happiness
5) Why Law?
6) Nature Exacts Revenge
7) Duties and Responsibilities
8) Euthanasia: The Enemy Knows
9) 1920s” The Right to Die becomes the Duty to Die
10) The Plague of Involuntary Euthanasia
11) Divorce Contra Natural Law
12) Birth Control, Abortion, Racism
13) Eternal Law, Natural Law, Human Law, Church Law
- plus extra free CD lecture: "Natural Law and the Marriage Synods"
AQUINAS ALIVE - COMPLETE FIRST YEAR - Metaphysics and Philosophy of Human Nature - 21 disks$64.95
Introduction to Thomism and Metaphysics Includes: Basic Introduction • The Tools for Correct Thinking • What is true Education? • Act & Potency • Hylomorphism • The Four Causes • Essence & Existence • the Transcendentals • the Principle of Double Effect • a unique discussion of the 42 “Principles of Reason” on which Scholastic Philosophy is based. • Greek philosophy from Thales onward • “Sophism” both Ancient and Modern (using words for manipulation and power rather than vehicles of Truth) • Socrates, Plato and Aristotle • introduction to Aquinas’ Five Ways to Prove the Existing of God. Philosophy of Human Nature section includes: What is the Philosophy of Human Nature? •, From Rock to God: Order of Being • Man is an Operational Whole • The Mode of Operation of a Living Being (What is “Life”) • Intellect and Will • Finality and Powers • Life of Death: True Ethics vs. “New” Ethics • The Powers of the Souls • Powers and Formal Objects • Distinction between the Image and the Concept • Three Views of Human Nature • The Immorality of the Soul • The Common Good (in contrast to Obama policies) • Are Animals Intelligent? • The Five External Sense & Four Internal Senses • Emotions, Appetites & Habits, more! - 21 Disks in Attractive Vinyl Album